.:.the E-zoNe.:.

a sanctuary of thoughts

Missing Starbucks coffee

frappcuccino-java-chip-300x400

The day is about to end in less than an hour and here I am craving for a Starbucks Java chip frap with blended whipped cream. Yes that’s my signature Starbucks drink. For a hot coffee fix, my favorite is a venti cup of Hot White Mocha, quite a sugar rush compared to a macchiato or cappuccino but I won’t have it any other way.

It’s been almost 2 months now since I left the call center industry and of course along with that parting, I likewise have to say goodbye to my coffee fix, not only is it exorbitant now considering our current income capacity, but I wont have a need for it since I can now afford the luxury of sleeping like a regular person. Goodbye to graveyard shift!  But here I am, missing my caffeine fix. Or is it really the coffee that I’m missing? It certainly is not the work, believe me I am so not meant for the call center industry. Perhaps more than that highly fattening, expensive frappuccino, I miss the people I used to work with. I miss the laugh trips and the bashing sessions, yeah I probably miss those people who became my friends.

I miss all of them and though I may not see them all the time (perhaps some I would never see again), I’m grateful for the times I’ve shared with them and the friendship we’ve built (no matter how fleeting), over a cup of coffee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
posted by bluerlyn in Cravings,Life,Relationships and have Comments (12)

12 Responses to “Missing Starbucks coffee”

1. izzie says:

I can’t agree with you more! The minute I saw the Java Chip frap it made me feel nostalgic. I also miss my friends and the fun times I shared with them.

2. eRLyN says:

hi izzie, thanks for dropping by. yeah friends do make our lives in the office more bearable. :)

3. Angie says:

I miss drinking coffee too and I also miss working although I’ve been resting for almost two months now because I got pregnant but I totally do miss working.

4. alex says:

oh my. the imagery made me crave for a tall drip house brew. unfortunately, theres no starbucks here in davao…

how do you know if you are a coffee addict other than the usual craving symptoms?…

you get migraine when you dont get your daily dose! aaargh!:)

5. ish says:

erlyn! wala ka na pla sa call center kya ang dami mo ng racket hehe.. ikaw nga 2 mos lang and you can drink coffee anytime, ako 8 months ng walang kape at matagal tagal pang hinde makakainom if i decide to breast feed… hehehe

6. eRLyN says:

@ angie – hi there and thanks for dropping by. will link you up, hope you dont mind. congrats on your baby and enjoy your leave mamimiss mo yan when you go back to work.

@ alex – yay sad naman walang starbucks jan sa davao. but i heard its a really nice place, hope magka starbucks na jan so you can have your coffee fix. btw, link din kita ha.

@ ish – ay naku matagal pa nga yan sis. mag decaf ka na lang paminsan minsan pag mejo ilang months na si baby. kelan ka due? excited na ko for u, galingan mong umire ha.

7. edelweiza says:

korek, nakakamiss nga lalo na at naging companion mo pala ang starbucks nung nsa call center ka, mabisang pampagising.hehe. :)

8. docgelo says:

now, i’m craving for starbucks coffee! i also like java chip; likewise with other blends like iced caramel machiato and white choco moccha frap; i like it twice blended–at any time of the day! hehe..

9. eRLyN says:

@ edelweiza – yeah pag sa call center talagang kailangang magkape. kaya lang naman ako nags-starbucks dati kasi ayoko ng nescafe kasi may after taste.

@ docgelo – wow, im humbled at your visit. thank you po doc. btw, baket po pala twice blended? mas thin out ba kapag ganon sir?

10. heff says:

Having mentioned “Call Center”, were you also into smoking with the rest of the pack while on coffee breaks?

11. Badet says:

Java Chip frap is also my signature drink, without the whipped cream though.

12. eRLyN says:

@ heff – for a while yes, but after some time, i decided to quit smoking. :)
    @ badet – wow mas health conscious ka pala, cant have it without the whipped cream eh. btw, i linked you up ha. hope you can link me up as well. thanks :)

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name