Back in the time when I took a leave from the corporate life and stayed at home to be a full-time mom and house wife, I learned that there are things a home-maker can’t just live without. Here are just a few:
- Non-stick pans – Being married to someone who likes fried food, I cannot imagine life without Teflon-coated pans. It certainly makes cleaning up a breeze. Saves you a lot on the dish washing paste too!
- Washing machine and dryer – Thank God for washing machines! Given that I’m very particular when it comes to our clothes, especially our whites, after spinning the clothes on the laundry machine, I do another round of hand washing. Yes! I’m that OC when it comes to our clothes. So you could just imagine how tedious it would have been for me if we don’t have a washing machine and dryer. Add to that the fact that my husband is 6 fee tall and loves wearing denims.
- Vacuum cleaner – If you have pets in the house, this will really save you a lot of time. Whether your floor is carpeted or not, this would really come in handy if you have dogs or cats in the house. If you have wall to wall carpeting, it will be great to have a steam cleaner as well, a good brand of choice is the Ladybug steam cleaner.
- Microwave Oven – You can thaw meat from the freezer, you can make pop corns and even make cakes (thanks to Betty Crocker for microwave oven mixes) and of course re-heat food in the microwave.
- Electric Kettle – This is a basic necessity if you have babies. Well of course, next to that would be a bottle warmer if you have a kiddo.
Well, those are the items on my list. Feel free to comment and share what items you cannot live without as a home maker.